FCVC has been a registered not-for-profit business since its inception. Our Executive, Board of Directors and all our coaches are volunteers who donate their time because of their love of the game. Coaches have their expenses reimbursed and receive a yearly honorarium.
The people behind the Forest City Volleyball Club are here to provide excellent volleyball development and training to our London and area athletes!
Coaching requirements at the club level are an ever-changing and dynamic. Any interested individuals can contact us at email@example.com to learn more. It's both a commitment and a rewarding and fun experience.
We'd love to hear from you!!
FCVC Competitive Teams
The competitive indoor season runs from tryouts in September through to the Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA) Provincial Championships in April, with regular OVA tournament play starting in November. Teams may choose to extend their season into May to attend the Volleyball Canada National Championships or other US Competitions.
Teams typically compete in 1-2 tournaments per month, from November through March, culminating in the OVA Provincial Championships in April or, potentially, the National Championships in May. All OVA tournaments will be completed in one or two days on either a Saturday and/or a Sunday. OVA Provincial Championships run over three days in April and hosted at RIM Park in Waterloo, ON.
The Head Coach for each team will provide an outline of the planned competitive schedule and team budget at tryouts.
Teams train 2-3 times a week, with sessions running from 90-120 minutes in length. FCVC also provides occasional extra training opportunities such as our Sunday Clinic Series where expert guest coaches conduct en masse training on particular technical skills or player positions.
Teams at FCVC have excellent practice facilities at Fanshawe College and various Secondary and Elementary schools in London, each stocked with all the necessary equipment to ensure an outstanding training environment. Regular team practices are held during the evenings in-week (Monday-Thursday) and Sunday afternoons.
Just a little bit of math is needed.
We’re going into the 2018-2019 season. Just take the second of those numbers (2019) and subtract from it your year of birth. So, if you were born in 2002, you would be 2019 – 2002 = 17U.
Where there are multiple teams in a given age division, they will be divided into "A" and "B" teams, where applicable. The "A" level teams are identified as "Green" teams and the "B" level teams are identified as "Blue" teams.
More information on team composition and competitive strategies will be provided at tryouts.
For teams and athletes to compete at their highest level, off-court physical training is a necessity.
Starting in the 2017-2018 season, "Green" teams at the 16U, 17U and 18U level will be required to participate in team training, and fees for that training will be collected at registration. For all other teams, decisions about participating in physical training will be made on an individual team basis, in consultation with the coaches and parent group.
Most teams will conduct extra classroom sessions for video review, statistical review, or post-competition team meetings, again depending on the age group and competitive level. Classroom sessions are typically scheduled for immediately before or after regular practice sessions.
FCVC provides an excellent experience for its athletes at an extremely competitive price.
2018-2019 Competitive Team Fees
- Girls 12U - $450
- Boys and Girls 13U, 14U - $775
- Boys and Girls 15U, 16U, 17U, 18U - $950
Please note: Boys and Girls "Green" teams at 16U, 17U, 18U will be required to participate in off-court physical training, at extra cost. This is a mandatory requirement for athletes competing on these teams.
All other athletes/teams will decide on physical training once the team is selected, based on discussions between coaches and the parent group. Off-court physical training will be available to these teams, but it is NOT necessarily mandatory to participate on these teams.
The costs and information packages for the physical training programs will be available at tryouts.
The FCVC registration fee covers the following:
- OVA registration costs
- All on-court practice costs
- 12U, 13U, 14U: 2 in-week practices per week, with occasional Sunday practices
- 15U-18U: 2 in-week practices, 1 Sunday practice per week
- All costs associated with regular in-age OVA tournaments, excluding athlete travel and hotel costs
- Girls 12U: 3 tournaments; Provincial Championships
- All other teams: 4 tournaments and Provincial Championships
- All uniform costs
- Girls 12U: 1 uniform t-shirt, gym shorts, 2 practice shirts, hoodie
- 13U, 14U: 1 uniform jersey, volleyball shorts, 2 practice shirts, hoodie
- 15U, 16U, 17U, 18U: 2 uniform jerseys, volleyball shorts, 2 practice shirts, hoodie
- Any extra Sunday Clinic Sessions organized by the FCVC VP of Volleyball
The following costs are NOT included in the FCVC registration fee. Extra fees or team fundraising responsibilities will be required if the team participates in the following:
- Older-age OVA tournaments and Provincials
- Other exhibition tournaments
- National Championships
- Off-court physical training programs
We believe that athletes should feel confident and comfortable in their decision to play for FCVC:
- For over 25 years, FCVC has successfully developed volleyball athletes and teams, winning multiple national and provincial championships, and graduating more than 200 athletes to play at the post-secondary level and beyond.
- FCVC has a large group of talented, experienced and dedicated volunteer coaches. Combined our coaching staff have well over 250 years of experience, and have coached at the national, provincial, regional, university, college, club, high school and elementary school levels.
- Athletes at FCVC have access to top-flight training facilities, equipment and technology to help them develop their volleyball skills.
- Current member of Canada’s Senior Men’s National Team, T.J. Sanders, reflected on his time with FCVC:All of the coaches, administration, and anyone that plays a part in FCVC are trained and more than willing to help you become a better player. I am so proud to be an FCVC alumni and am grateful to have had all the amazing coaches and teammates along the way.
Our FCVC Competitive Teams are selected following Tryouts.
Tryouts for the 2018-2019 season have been completed. If you have missed the tryouts and would like to inquire about the possibility of a late tryout, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We sometimes leave spots open - especially at the youngest ages - for athletes who miss the tryout period.
If you have any questions about tryouts, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any more questions about playing for FCVC, we would love to hear from you.