We are excited to return to volleyball and understand that this will be a different year with new protocols and procedures. The health and safety of our members and community is our top priority. As a club, we are committed to following the advice and guidelines established by the Provincial and Regional governments and the Ontario Volleyball Association.
Forest City Volleyball Club is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. All athletes, parents and coaches are asked to familiarize yourselves with the FCVC COVID-19 Protocols. A club COVID-19 Oversight Committee has been established to oversee the implementation of safety and health guidelines within the club. The members of this committee are listed in the protocols document below.
COVID Vaccination mandate
In response to COVID, Forest City Volleyball Club has implemented and maintained robust safety protocols to ensure a safe training and playing environment for our volleyball community. Full vaccination has been shown to be an effective way to minimize community transmission and reduce the spread of COVID, as well as to significantly reduce the severity of symptoms related to COVID. Indoor gym facilities used for training and competition will require proof of vaccination from COVID-19 by all eligible participants: coaches, volunteers, and athletes, as per Middlesex Health Unit Guidelines. Our organization will continue to follow Middlesex Health Unit Guidelines and Ontario Volleyball Associations Return to Play protocols.
To maximize the opportunity to safely pursue our passion for volleyball throughout this entire season, FCVC will require that all athletes, coaches, and volunteers 12 years of age or older whom are presently eligible for the vaccine provide proof of full vaccination against COVID or proof of medical exemption as recognized by the Public Health Agency of Canada or our Local Health Authority, where applicable.
Together, we can help minimize disruptions due to COVID this season and build a healthy sporting environment that keeps our FCVC volleyball community active and on the court.
Best practices to minimize your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19, not only in the gym, but also at home and in public spaces
- Stay home when you are unwell.
- Practice physical distancing maintaining 2m (6ft) distance between people.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% + alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough and sneeze. If you cough or sneeze into a tissue, throw it away in the trash, and wash your hands.
- Practice proper use and removal of community protective equipment (non-medical facemasks or cloth facemasks).
- Use disinfecting wipes on high touch surface areas.
Prior to entering the gym
If you feel sick or are showing signs of COVID-19, do not attend practice or programs. This applies to players as well as coaches.
For those that are interested in learning more about the OVA’s Return to Play program and protocols, please visit the OVA website.