The health and safety of our members and community is our top priority. As a club, we are committed to following the advice and guidelines established by the Provincial and Regional governments and the Ontario Volleyball Association.
For the 2022-23 season:
Vaccines are currently not mandatory for 2022-23 season, and players will not be required to be masked for practice or play. FCVC will continue to provide the safest possible environment for all its participants and will follow public health guidelines. As a result, requirements could change during the upcoming season. FCVC will keep you updated as we move forward.
FCVC is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. All athletes, parents and coaches are asked to familiarize yourselves with the best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
An FCVC COVID-19 Oversight Committee has been established to oversee the implementation of safety and health guidelines within the club. The committee continues to meet and will update protocols as necessary.
Best practices to minimize COVID-19 risk:
- Stay home when you are unwell.
- Practice physical distancing maintaining 2m (6ft) distance between people.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% + alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough and sneeze. If you cough or sneeze into a tissue, throw it away in the trash, and wash your hands.
- Practice proper use and removal of community protective equipment (non-medical facemasks or cloth facemasks).
- Use disinfecting wipes on high touch surface areas.
Prior to entering any volleyball facility:
If you feel sick or are showing signs of COVID-19, do not attend practice or programs. This applies to players as well as coaches. Keep everyone safe by preventing the spread of respiratory viruses and other illnesses, so we can perform our best on the court!