We plan to offer the following competitive teams this season. Interested in joining FCVC? Please review the new Athlete Application Process below.
Click here to view the list of our 2020/21 Competitive Team Head Coaches.
Athlete Application Process
As the health and safety of our coaches, athletes and families is our top priority, FCVC will not be hosting a traditional tryout process this year. If you are a Returning Athlete who has not re-signed or a New Athlete, and want to be considered for an open roster spot on one of our competitive teams, please follow the application process below.
Step 1: Submit a Player Application - link below now open!!
Athletes/ Parents should provide as much information as possible about the athlete's volleyball experience. A link to game play or skills practice video is recommended.
Deadline to submit an application and be considered for an in-person evaluation is 12 noon on the day of the Evaluation Session for the age division which you are applying - see schedule below. If you have missed the Evaluation Session for your age division, you may still submit an application and a Coach will assess and provide you with a decision.
Reminder, per the guidelines set by the Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA), athletes are ONLY permitted to apply to 2 (two) clubs at a time. Athletes are NOT permitted to apply to additional clubs until the status of their applications are finalized.
Step 2: Player Application Assessment
Coaches will have 72 hours from receipt of the application to respond to the Athlete/ Parent with:
- An Offer Letter for position on the team. Clubs may begin presenting offers on Sept. 20th at 12:01am. The Athlete has 24 hours to return a signed offer letter to accept their position on the team. At this point, the athlete is committed and cannot send out applications to additional clubs.;
- Offer an in-person evaluation. See Evaluation Session schedule and protocols below. Once the Coach has emailed and confirmed that your athlete is being invited to attend an evaluation, please submit an e-transfer $10 evaluation fee to email@example.com with athlete name and team they are trying out for (i.e. 16U Sequoia). The evaluation fee is helping the club off-set costs of the facility and sanitization; OR
- A decline to offer.
Coaches may request additional information and/or an interview before making a decision.
For more information about the Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA) guidelines for tryout and application process, please visit the OVA website here. If you have specific questions about the FCVC process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The evaluation sessions will be set-up for groups of max. 12 athletes to be evaluated, in adherence with the OVA Indoor Return to Play protocols and Ontario and London-Middlesex Public Health regulations. Participation in the evaluation sessions is by invitation only through the Athlete Application process. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
Location for all sessions: Supreme Courts Volleyball, 11 Buchanan Court, London, ON
Following evaluation sessions, Coaches will contact all athletes within a reasonable amount of time and:
- Send an Offer letter for a position on the team. Offers are good for 24hrs;
- Ask for more information; OR
- Decline to offer an athlete a spot on the team
To mitigate the transmission of COVID-19, all athletes, parents, coaches and volunteers must adhere to the following Evaluation Session protocols.
- Athletes should arrive 20 minutes early to complete sign-in and health & safety screening. FCVC volunteers will have a table set-up outside the front entrance of the building to greet you.
- Athletes should arrive dressed to play (shorts, knee pads, gym shoes, and a T-shirt or old jersey with a player number on it so you can be easily identifiable). Gym bags or backpacks must be left in your vehicle. Each athlete should also have hand wipes/towel, hand sanitizer, filled water bottle, and a ziploc bag with them.
- Due to Provincial Public Health regulations limiting indoor gathering size to 50 people, parents will not be allowed into the building.
- If not completed in advance, submit an e-transfer $10 evaluation fee to email@example.com with athlete name and team they are trying out for (i.e. 16U Sequoia). The evaluation fee is helping the club off-set costs of the facility and sanitization.
- Each athlete must have completed the Assumption of Risk Waiver (click to download) and reviewed the Supreme Courts Return to Play Facility Protocol (click to download). Please give the FCVC volunteer your signed Assumption of Risk form when you show up at the facility.
- Each athlete will be subject to a COVID-19 Health Questionnaire before entering the building. You can complete a questionnaire in advance (click to download) and give it to the FCVC volunteer when you sign-in. Please note that if the answer to any of the questions is ‘yes’, the athlete cannot be allowed into the gymnasium.
- All athletes and coaches will need to wear a mask when entering the facility. Coaches must wear a mask at all times during the evaluation.
- Athletes should maintain physical distance from each other unless in a game activity.
- We will pause sessions every 30 minutes to sanitize the volleyballs.
If you have specific questions about the FCVC evaluation process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA) postponed the start of indoor competition until January 2021. This means that the youth competition calendar that normally sees tournaments beginning in November, have been pushed back two (2) months to January. The revised OVA Competitions Calendar for all age divisions can be found here.
More information about FCVC's practice schedule, training facilities, Return to Play protocol, and registration fees will be posted as they become available. We will not be collecting any registration fees or deposits until there is more certainty about the upcoming competitive season.
We ask for your patience and understanding.
If you have specific questions about the FCVC plans for the competitive season, please contact email@example.com.